This one is a tasty, creamy warmer. An ideal autumn lunch, or perfect for a healthy meal on a cosy night in.
1/2 a cauliflower
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon of fresh ginger
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 tablespoon of olive oil
150mls low fat milk
500mls of stock + water as needed
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Chop up the leeks and cauliflower.
2. Add the olive oil to a large saucepan and place on a low heat.
3. Add the garlic, ginger, spices and herbs to the saucepan for around 30 seconds until the seeds start to split open. You should be able to smell them!
4. Put in the leeks, cauliflower and almonds and give the saucepan a stir; coating the veggies in the spices.
5. Pour over the stock and enough water to just reach the top of the vegetables. Leave simmering on a low-medium heat until the vegetables have softened.
6. Add the milk and the lime juice to the saucepan and let the soup cool.
7. Once cooled, blend the soup using either a hand blender or a food processor. If it’s too thick for your preference, add some more water.
8. Reheat, refrigerate or freeze as desired.
9. Serve with a wholemeal roll for a healthy, filling lunch!
TOTAL FAT: 6g
SATURATED FAT: 0.7g